background

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dana's Cookies (Alisha's version)

1 cup butter flavored crisco
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream together first 5 ingredients.  Add remaining ingredients.  Stir in chocolate chips at the end.  Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to cooling rack to finish cooling.

Freezer option: Using a cookie scooper, put cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheet (can be close together to fit more on) and freeze over night in freezer.  Next day, move them all to a freezer ziplock bag.  Write instructions on bag "Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes"

I love these cookies more after freezing them.   And it is great because then I'm not tempted to eat the whole batch at once.  I can get out as many as I want and leave the rest for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment