background

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Costco Muffins

I was so happy when I finally decided to try this recipe and discovered just how close it is to the "real" thing.  I even had Dan go buy me a large muffin pan to make it even better.  Regular size works well though.  So far we have only tried the poppyseed and chocolate muffins.  We've decided that the chocolate muffins need jumbo size chocolate chips.

Ingredients

1 (18 oz) box cake mix
2 TBSP flour
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Spoon into prepared muffin cups
3. Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.

Combination Ideas

ALMOND POPPYSEED MUFFINS: use a white cake mix, add 2 tsp poppy seeds and 1 tsp almond extract.
CHOCOLATE MUFFINS: use a chocolate cake mix and stir in 1-1/2 cup chocolate chips.
LEMON MUFFINS: use lemon cake mix and poppy seeds.
SPICE CAKE MUFFINS: use spice cake mix with cinnamon/sugar topping.
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: use white cake mix and add blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. Made these last night and they are yummy! I only had german chocolate cake mix and a symphony bar so broke that up into pieces! It melted in your mouth yummy! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete